If you are looking at my website for the first time, you may be wondering exactly what I do and what services I provide. Here’s an overview to give you an idea:
Midwifery Services: My services encompass complete prenatal, labor & deliver, and postpartum care for low-risk women planning to deliver at home. This includes (but is not limited to!):
- Support & availability throughout your pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum.
- Prenatal care at my home office in State College.
- Access to my library of books, handouts and DVD’s.
- All needed lab work.
- Birth Kit with Disposable Supplies.
- Home Visit at 36 weeks in order to see your planned birth location (either at your home or your location of choice) and ensure all supplies are ready for the birth.
- Care and monitoring throughout your labor & delivery.
- Thorough newborn exam and ongoing care, including screening tests and congenital heart defect screening and options for hearing screening.
- Postpartum Visit at your home within 24-48 hrs. after birth.
- Filing of all necessary paperwork.
- Continued care and availability throughout the 6 week postpartum period.
More detailed information is available-continue browsing this site, check out the Frequently Asked Questions page, or contact me with your questions!
For those interested in doula services, lactation consultants, childbirth education or other birth-related services, please ask, as I know of many lovely ladies I can refer you to!